X, nvidia, memory

Carl Wilson carl_wilson at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 8 03:48:06 EST 2002

Brad,

I would like to thank you for the significant contribution you make to this
discussion group.  Clearly you are very knowlegable.  However, I feel
compelled to take issue with your response to Greg O'Keefe.  Greg asked a
perfectly reasonable question and did not deserve:

"However if you are using the closed source drivers, don't ask on
linux-kernel or similar mailing lists, except perhaps to troll."

I'm sure you are trying to be helpful, but, IMHO this statement seems a
little condescending.  A better response to Keith would be something like:

"I'm not sure that this mailing list is the right place for your question,
why don't your try...etc"

This alternative response conveys the same information as the original
without putting down the recipient.

Respectfully,
Carl Wilson