rxvt + screen

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Tue Jun 25 20:25:43 EST 2002

Hello all,

Since changing my Linux distro from Mandrake to Debian Woody I'm having
difficulties getting rxvt to work together with screen.  It just seems
impossible scrolling back using Shift+Pg-Up when screen runs within rxvt.
I also tried screen within xterm and that worked like a charm...

So, what am I missing?  Here's some stuff from my .Xresources file:

# General console settings
XTerm*VT100*titeInhibit:true
XTerm*saveLines:4096
XTerm*background:black
XTerm*foreground:white
XTerm*font:fixed
XTerm*scrollBar:true
XTerm*rightScrollBar:true

# Rxvt specific settings
Rxvt*scrollBar_right:true
Rxvt*scrollTtyOutput:true

And screen's also adviced to save lines ("defscrollback 4096").

I'm really puzzled by this.  Can anyone help me out?

TIA,
Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://home.in.tum.de/baueran/
//\  "I hate small towns because once you've seen the cannon in the park