Fw: Modems

Doug.Palmer at csiro.au Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
Wed Jun 19 15:21:15 EST 2002

> If you live in the country
>  (at the end of 50K of barbed wire fence doubling as a telephone line)
>  the Womera model is the best modem in the world bar none,
>  and worth the price.
> Friends have bought them on apro and deemed them good value.

This Bungendorian has had a very good time with Maestro over 5 years and 3
modems.

The only thing I'd say, if you live in the country, is make sure that you've
got some level of lightning protection. Two out of the three died in spring.
Coincidence? I think not! Mind you, this applies to every modem I can think
of. It's just that it's worth putting a bit more effort into protecting the
better quality and more expensive Maestro kit.