Fw: Modems

Alan bigal at smartchat.net.au
Wed Jun 19 08:47:59 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan
To: linux-request at lists.samba.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 11:50 PM
Subject: Modems

Hi,

Can anybody point me in the right direction in sourcing a 'proper' modem.
I have approached various computer shops in Perth and they tell me that they don't stock them.
--They only carry  win-modems.....Is this a conspiracy ?

One vendor sold me a 'D-Link DFM-560i+' and told me that it was a 'hardware' modem.
Unfortunately after wasting half a day on it I have come to the conclusion that it isn't

Any suggestions ?