ADSL with TPG

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Fri Jun 7 15:21:17 EST 2002

On Friday, June 7, 2002, at 02:02 , Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

> I was astounded to discover my aunt only uses 20 Mb of traffic
> each month (!).

Before ADSL, I used a maximum of about 250Mb a month.  That was because
on a 28k modem in Australia, you can't play games, and you have to be
aware that one apt-get upgrade will cost you 10 hours.

After ADSL, I haven't been so frugal, mostly because things arrive
almost as soon as I start downloading them.  The biggest contributor to
traffic is my Diablo II playing - with the low latency (which is what I
wanted ADSL for), playing games becomes a reality, not a fantasy :)

Alex
(and playing games for a month is a hell of a lot cheaper than going to
the movies once)