LAN - IpCop - Transact

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 13:20:04 EST 2002

Have a look at the rp-pppoe site. There's some information there about issues
with some linux distros. They mention that RedHat's implementation is buggy.

It seems they modified the code some. When I was trying to get it to work
with the standard install, I could only get it going with RedHat's gui
config. I think hand editing the config file resulted in seg faults left
right and center.

Needless to say I wasn't too happy, being that the box connecting wasn't
running a gui.

I downloaded the packages from the rp-pppoe site (they have rpm's there) and
hey presto no problems. I could configure my connection without needing a
gui.

Give that a try - it worked pretty much out of the box so that might be the
way to get you up and running.

Paul.