Webone blocking port 25??

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Thu Jul 25 17:09:03 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 16:48, Kim Holburn wrote:
> Your ISP's SMTP server usually won't relay mail unless the "From: " address is a local account.
> Kim

Not true. You can be assured that webone at least are checking the IP
range the email comes from and not the name stated in the From: header.
I know this, because my mail goes through their server, but my domain is
not in any way set up by them or administered in any way by them. They
don't have any knowledge of it.

I'm fairly certain that I'm not the only person in the world who has a
good half-dozen or so email addresses to choose from, and the one
provided by the isp is not generally the most convenient to use. The
logical thing to check is that the email is coming from a valid
computer.
Anyone who uses an external popmail service will have the same issues.
Anyone who uses a .id.au email address will have the same issues.
Anyone who wants to use their work email address from home will have the
same issues.
Anyone of the millions that use those ghastly webmail systems as their
primary email address will have the same issues.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   |  url - http://www.watersprite.com.au/