pty-wrapper

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Mon Jul 22 23:09:27 EST 2002

I'm after a utility that 'wraps' up the tty (or is it the pty?), standard in
and standard out of a process, so it can be controlled by standard in and
standard out (of the utility).  This is mainly to enable the writing of a GUI
frontend for a utility to talk to ssh.

The spawn function in the python pty module would do exactly what I want, but
it is broken.  I've fixed it a little bit, but not quite enough.  To fix it
more, I would actually have to understand what it is doing and how it works.
:-)

I had a look at pty-redir, but it does not seem to do what I want.

Anyone know of a C utility that does what I'm after??  I've searched Google,
but all I seem to get is pty-redir.  Perhaps I'm entering the wrong magic
words.

Rasjid.