Need a new programming language

Damien Elmes resolve at repose.cx
Thu Feb 7 22:05:30 EST 2002

Paul Matthews <plm at pcug.org.au> writes:

> Getting frustrated by the limitations and sheer stupidity of C/C++, and
> pure kludges of Perl. Would anyone like to recommend a new programming
> language.
>
> Preferably one that can be both compiled to native and interpreted.

There's python. There's no real native compliation support, but it's so dynamic
that would be hard to do. You can, say, change the base classes of an instance
on the fly. It's very cool. :-)

Re the other poster, I've heard o'caml's interesting. You'll get a speed
increase with that, but I'd imagine the community is much smaller.

--
Damien Elmes
resolve at repose.cx