From the dept of dumb ideas......

Doug Palmer doug at charvolant.org
Wed Feb 6 21:27:53 EST 2002

rod at tpgi.com.au wrote:

> Sigh,
> This little gem can be found at.
>
> http://www.intel.com/design/network/prodbrf/279043.htm
>
> Hands up all the linux developers that would like to do their linux
> developement by cross compiling on an IDE under WIN-NT.

If I'm developing for an embedded environment, which is what this is
for, then I'm going to be using a cross-development platform, anyway. So
why not NT?

Well, I can think of several reasons, not least being that "cost
savings", as touted in the brochure, doesn't add up when compared to a
free OS. But the major reason for putting the IDE on NT seems to be that
Intel's ACE framework is only available for NT, along with various other
goodies, such as a cycle-accurate simulator. Presumably, Intel doesn't
particularly feel like doing a big porting job.

--
Doug Palmer   doug at charvolant.org   http://www.charvolant.org/~doug