UNCLASSIFIED

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 4 13:01:57 EST 2002

Hello Jarrad,

You should consider Samba 2.2.2 and later (of you're not already using it)
and set up a domain master / primary domain controller; earlier Samba
versions couldn't be domain controllers. Windows networking needs one of
these if you're going to get past share level security; it stores all of the
user information about a network. I recommend the Samba documentation; it's
very informative/useful and answers all kinds of questions (I believe yours
is one of them).

Richard