Good file system / Hdd layout for linux

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Mon Feb 4 09:38:47 EST 2002

One thing I discovered was that putting a FAT/VFAT partition
after an NTFS meant that M$ scandisk had a huge wobbly and just
could not cope with the void between C: and D: (this was on modern
hardware, aka an Athlon system). Since then, I tend to make the
Windows partitions first, NT next and Linux last (since Linux
doesn't care where it boots from).

On my current desktop, Linux boots off SCSI and Windows will boot
from an IDE disk if a bootable SCSI disk cannot be found. The neat
thing about this is that Windows cannot meddle with Linux partitions
if you unplug the drive. :o)

Antti