Which USB Modem?

Leigh Finch lfinch at asitis.net.au
Tue Dec 17 13:07:41 EST 2002

I use an APC phone surge protector, and I haven't had a blown modem since,
telstra's lines  can carry allot of voltage (from another source,) and our
lines are pretty crappy here. when I was working in the local PC shop,
every storm we had at least 12 customers come in after their modems blew.
most of them bought surge protection, after that.

cheers
Leigh