[More] Help with open source briefing

Mark Purcell mark at purcell.homeip.net
Mon Dec 16 08:00:33 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 01:39:14AM +1100, Steve Jenkin wrote:
> I've written up the few pages I'm going to present to Ted Quinlan.
> Purposefully NOT complete- I will be there to talk to him.
> The pages on Examples & Links are incomplete - feedback appreciated
>
> http://www.tip.net.au/~sjenkin/osb/

Steve,

You need to fixup the links from that page, s/OSB/osb/

> Could you please look at the pages & give me some feedback.
> Meeting is 11AM Thu 19th [this thursday] - all going well with his schedule ;-)

Biref looks fairly good.  But quite heavily focused on the programming/
heavy (server) end of town. Need to mention some of the excellent desktop work;
GNOME/ KDE as well as the 'office' type applications such as OpenOffice,
Abiword, KWord.

I'm also pretty sure there is a licencing angle for bodies such as ACT schools
who don't have a lot of $$ to throw around for 'rental' software, but would
gain greatly from access to OpenSource. Skill base remains here rather
than paying for commercial development in the US.

Mark