Hardware question...

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Sat Dec 7 19:44:30 EST 2002

On 2002.12.07 16:56 Peter Lavender wrote:

> Besides my stupidity in the first place, what might be the cause of
> this, ie should I try more RAM, or another HDD (I have tried this) or
> should I just accept that I have wrecked this MB and walk away?

You could try, but I wouldn't pay anything for the RAM, especially if
it's EDO.  You might try a little percussive maintenance.

Dodgy old gear (ISA computers by definition) can sometimes sulk for no
reason, or because you have it tilted at the wrong angle, or because
you spend more time with your other computer.  See if you can sell it
for $10 to some other sucker...