Redhat 8.0 install problems

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Dec 1 20:54:32 EST 2002

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Sam Couter wrote:

> Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
> > [ ... ] I just picked up a new machine [ ... ]
>  [ ... ]
> >  - it fails to read the zlib package and I get a unhandled python
> > exception
>  [ ... ]
> >  - do everything the same
> >  - it fails to read some other package, and I get the exception and reboot
>
> I'd say your new machine didn't survive the burn-in period.

It's the old machine that became spare which is having the pain. That, and
RH 7.3 installed just fine (and is currently being thrashed pretty hard --
the load average is consistently over 3)...

I therefore suspect it isn't a hardware problem.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UTC +11 hours