[Q] Debain 3.0 Startup....

Donovan J. Edye d.edye at bigfoot.com
Sat Aug 17 09:14:28 EST 2002

G'Day,

Just completed a Debian 3.0 install and all looks OK except for the fact
that the system comes up with a graphical login prompt. Needless to say the
monitor connected to the box cannot handle this. So. How do I stop booting
into the graphics mode and purely into a text mode. A solution that can work
form the console would be appreciated. I forgot to install a telnet server
so I cannot get to the box remotely. *grumble*

-- Donovan
E-Mail: d.edye at bigfoot.com Web: www.edye.wattle.id.au/
"If I throw a stick will you go away?"
"Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my pants!"
GXExplorer - Freeware Delphi Windows Explorer Replacement
and Delphi Components www.gxexplorer.org