Health of Gnome vs KDE

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Tue Aug 6 21:39:21 EST 2002

Jason Stokes (jstok at bluedog.apana.org.au) wrote:
> Without wanting to start off the eternal Gnome vs KDE flame war, it
> seems most every user I hear from these days is using KDE.  Does anyone
> have any knowledge about the health of the Gnome project, and whether
> it's progressing healthily or not?

They've fairly recently released version 2 of their desktop, and the
project is still going along happily as far as I'm aware.

For an idea of what's happening, check out these places:

http://www.gnome.org/
http://news.gnome.org/gnome-news/
http://www.gnome.org/resources/calendar.html

That being said, I'm a kind-of recent convert to KDE simply because it's
miles ahead in terms of what end users, especially if you're converting
them from MS-Windows to an actual operating system, expect to get.

--
Matt
"So, logically, if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore a witch!"