samba as a pdc for win2k

Leigh Finch lfinch at asitis.net.au
Tue Apr 9 21:42:11 EST 2002

g'day all,
I'm just playing around with samba as a pdc, now I think I understand machine and user accounts, as I understand it Freebsd has a problem with using $ in usernames, I have edited the passwd & and also master passwd, to add the $ but the smbpasswd program won't find the user test$ when creating the machine account. I'm using samba 2.2.3a. I have downloaded the 2.2 faq and I can't see anything overly obviouse.

any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Leigh Finch