Installing Insight

Antony Stace antony at claire.co.jp
Mon Sep 3 17:35:08 EST 2001

Are you sure that this port is open on the machine.  As someone else
suggested use netstat,
as root on the 192.168.1.154  machine

netstat -a | grep 1058
netstat -a | grep <what ever 1058 corresponds to in /etc/services>

is there something listening on this port? Post back here if you are not
sure on the output.
Again, as someone else suggested, what did the result of tcpdump say?

You might want to try telneting to that port, ie

telnet 192.168.1.154 1058

Does this return something to the command line session you are in?