Installing Insight

NetKidoo netkidoo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 17:30:39 EST 2001

Hi All,
I have installed Insight 5.0 on my RH7.0 PC. The configuration was as
follows

host=i686-pc-linux
target=arm-linux (? Am I correct with this option)

My target is running on StrongARM (SA-1110)

And I'm able to load Insight on my PC. But when I try to connect to my
target using TCP/IP Configuration :

Target: Remote/TCP
Hostname : 192.168.1.154
Port : 1058
It tells "Trying to communicate with target..... " and then the error

"192.168.1.154:1058: Bad file descriptor"
GDB cannot connect to the target board using 192.168.1.154:1058.
Verify that the board is securely connected and if necessary modify the port
setting with the debugge prefernces

What could be wrong? Hve I missed something
Any help on this appreciated

Thanks in advance
NetKidoo

PS: I have tested my targets TCP/IP connection and itz working fine. I'm
able to ping, FTP, and telnet.