After the election...

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 24 12:51:10 EST 2001

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 09:53, Steven Hanley wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:23:39PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > Is there a website that is more up-to-date than evacs.samba.org? It's
> > several months old and the CVS repository is also extremely old. It may
> > be open source but I can't find the code anywhere.
>
> quick answer, no
>
> longer answer, I was speaking with someone from software improvements, they
> said the stuff on evacs.samba.org was sort of there as a proof of concept,
> the development stayed in house from then on, however as it is open source
> software it does have to go up somewhere, this person said it will be put
> up somewhere soon, the current code that was used for the election.

Even longer answer: I went to a lecture by Carol Boughton, a (the?) director
of Software Improvements on Monday and she was asked this question. The
answer she gave is that the software will be put up on their CVS site when the
ACT Electoral Commissioner (Phil Green) authorises it, and most likely not
before the end of the election counting process which will continue for the
next week or so.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.