(fwd) Re: Electronic Voting

Matthew Hawkins matthew at topic.com.au
Mon Oct 22 10:11:04 EST 2001

----- Forwarded message from Simon Cousins <simon at simoncousins.com> -----

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:22:15 +1000
Matthew Hawkins <matthew at topic.com.au> wrote:

> I was told to pass on a message by the AEC folks in Tuggeranong, they
> had all sorts of problems with the bar code readers.  What I think it
> boiled down to was the ballot card was too thin for the reader, and it
> involved a bit of skill to get it to accept the bar code.

Likewise, barcode reader problems in the Civic polling place (the fellow on the door said the problems were quite common).

Also, the markings on the plastic labels on the keycaps of the keypad were being worn off when I arrived.

Always the hardware, eh? ;-)

Anyway I thought I was really cool, congratulations to all involved.  I took a few piccies to mark the event -- nyone want jpegs, feel free to email me.

--
Simon Cousins
simon at simoncousins.com

----- End forwarded message -----