[Q] Newbie PPP dial up problem

jeremy at itassist.net.au jeremy at itassist.net.au
Sun Oct 7 23:10:42 EST 2001

On  7 Oct, Donovan J. Edye wrote:
> M,
>
> I did that and it works (I am connecting to another private network
> hence the no need for NAT). As I understand it I have enabled
> forwarding between my interfaces ie ppp0 and eth0. Is that correct or
> have I missed the boat again?

You really should read the IP-MASQUERADE howto.  Available from
linuxdoc.org, or found in your /usr/share/doc/HOWTO directory it walks
you through setting up masquerading. As I recall if you cut-and-paste
the example from the howto and change the ip numbers to your subnet it
will work straight away.

--
I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,