Problems Building Kernel 2.4.9

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Wed Oct 3 01:42:48 EST 2001

First of all, I am not an expert to answer this question, but the obvious
occured to me...

> However when when my Debian system comes up (well it doesn't) I get the
> error modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-1. I have physically
> searhed the disk and cannot find a module by that name. It appears that it
> may be related to "Packet Filtering" on the network page as used by tcpdump
> when it (Packet Filtering) is installed as a module. Well it is not
> installed as a module, so I am now rather lost. Can anyone point me in the
> right direction please?

Look at this:

[root at trillian baueran]# modprobe -c | grep net-pf-1
alias net-pf-1 unix
alias net-pf-10 off
alias net-pf-17 af_packet
alias net-pf-19 off

So it's an alias to unix. You might have messed up the networking
configuration (or left something out), I'd say.

HTH,
Andi.

--
Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://home.in.tum.de/baueran/
"The world is beautiful, but has a disease called Man." - Nietzsche