TiVo Question

Davis, Ron Ron.Davis at dva.gov.au
Fri Nov 30 14:23:27 EST 2001

Hi Folks,

I know from Tridge that there are a few TiVo users around Canberra, and this
seems a likely place that they might hang out!

If so, I'm seeking some help.  Tridge kindly gave me his "guidekit" some
time ago but the example headend in it only seems to handle the free to air
channels plus one of the Foxtel ones.  I've tried modifying it to add
additional Foxtel channels to the line-up but no matter what I try I only
ever see the guide data for the FTA fta channels, plus the one foxtel one.
I'm obviously doing something wrong but I can't figure out what (I'm no
Linux expert!).  Other Guide data, PAL tuning and everything else now works
fine, all I need is the Foxtel guide data and I'd have a perfect working
TiVo!

Can anybody send me a copy of a headend.txt that works with Tridge's Foxtel
guide data, so I can see what I ought to have done, or provide any hints or
clues at all?

Thanks a lot

Ron Davis
IT Infrastructure