TransACT

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Thu Nov 22 12:17:02 EST 2001

I've run into people using 486s for smoothwall, and the most common
complaint is that SSL and similar connections can take a long time to
initiate while the keys are generated. I have a P100 (routing ADSL) and it's
not exactly snappy.

Apart from that a 486 33MHz is plenty for routing work over 10Base2 nets
(Rod, care to elaborate?).

How fast is TransACT anyway?

Can TransACT saturate that sort of network? I'm not familiar with TransACT's
vital stats.

Richard