Telstra ADSL vs TransACT (was Re: TransACT@CLUG this month)

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Nov 18 09:57:11 EST 2001

jeremy at itassist.net.au wrote:
> > Never used gnumerics, but have just installed it. It did not like the
> > above file at all. I figured is was a gzip, decompressed it and it
> > now looks like it is xml. gnumerics still does not like it. Cannot
> > open or import it.
> >
> > How does one open this file using gnumerics then?
>
> Which version do you have?  I just right-clicked in konqueror and did an
> 'open with' - worked perfectly.  Version 0.70

Konq-what? I am running fvwm. No gnome or KDE or whatever.

I am running Debian 2.2.r4. When I installed gnumeric the installer
pulled in more packages:

  gnome-bin gnome-libs-data gnome-print gnumeric libglade-gnome0
libgnome32
  libgnomesupport0 libgnomeui32 libgnorba27 libgnorbagtk0 liborbit0

And I now have:

$ gnumeric --version
Gnome gnumeric 0.47

--