Telstra ADSL vs TransACT (was Re: TransACT@CLUG this month)

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at bigpond.com
Sat Nov 17 23:40:55 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:10, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> > Hmm... Okay, I will put it up on my website, but you will need to link
> > directly to it.
> >
> > Try http://www.users.bigpond.com/rasjidw/files/BroadBandCost.xls
> > or http://www.users.bigpond.com/rasjidw/files/BroadBandCost.gnumeric
>
> A bit OT but hey, this is not really a formal list.
>
> Never used gnumerics, but have just installed it. It did not like the
> above file at all. I figured is was a gzip, decompressed it and it
> now looks like it is xml. gnumerics still does not like it. Cannot
> open or import it.
>
> How does one open this file using gnumerics then?

That is very strange, as both files were created by gnumeric 0.67 from RH7.2,
and mine here opens both okay. It works for me(TM).  I've just gunzipped a
copy of the gnumeric file, which also opens fine here.

If you have a different version, 'they' have probably changed the format.

Try the Excel speadsheet instead.  It seems to open okay in gnumeric 0.67,
StarOffice and the Real Excel (from MS Office 97).  It does not seem to open
in Kspread 1.1, which complains that is uses the math.ks Extension.

Rasjid.