Maybe OT: Amavis

Stephen Granger linux-boy at acenet.com.au
Thu Jul 26 13:10:23 EST 2001

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you out there have been able to get the latest
snapshot of amavisd running with sendmail 8.11.4 . I wasn't able to get the
libmilter libraries to link, and am trying to do it using the amavis mailer
way. I keep getting EX_TEMPFAIL messages, alone, without any other error
messages.

Looking at the amavis.c code I see a fprintf to stderr before exiting with
the exit(EX_TEMPFAIL);

eg

fprintf(stderr, "error doing task 1");
exit(EX_TEMPFAIL);

I'm getting the EX_TEMPFAIL message in my /var/log/maillog, though the message
before isn't being received any where. No log file entries, no screen/console
output.
I don't believe it automatically redirects output to /dev/null...

Yes, this may be off topic, but after two and a half weeks of trying to get it
going, I'm getting desparate, and yes, of course I've mailed the amavis-user
mailing, I encourage you to got take a look at the list archieves if you
want to see the full details of my error message, rather then me reproducing
them here.

Amavis is an email virus scanner www.amavis.org

TIA

Steve