amavis needing arc ?

jeremy at itassist.net.au jeremy at itassist.net.au
Wed Aug 22 02:12:28 EST 2001

On 22 Aug, Damien Elmes wrote:
> Neil Symons <neil at goldweb.com.au> writes:
>
>> I've downloaded the latest amavis but I cannot get past the configuration script which checks for installed components.
>>
>> It is looking for "arc", but I seem to cannot find what package that
>> uses it or can find the whereabouts of it.
>
> my only guess is that it's a linux version of a primitive compression
> program, like lha.
>
> if it is, it's probably in some obscure location on the net, as i
> can't forsee much demand for it.

I don't know why the latest version of something would use a terribly
outdated program, but if you are referring to the 'arc' (de)compressor I
still have some files stored in that format.  Probably even have the
original program somewhere.  I think the (MSDOS) exe was called 'lharc'.
Simtel would have it, if the archives are still around at all...

Trouble was all these archivers had funny names for basically the same
techniques, the only variation was how they bundled the files into the
archive file.

--
I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,