Debian Install

Irena and Richard Jenkins rjenkins at pop.alphalink.com.au
Mon Aug 6 17:40:15 EST 2001

Come on all you Debian freaks ...

after a couple of disappointments installing (?) Linux on my SCSI
disk I have been recommended Debian 'potato'.  I got the cdrom from
the Advanced Linux Handbook and got an install started.  Trouble is
that the installer then asks for a driver disk ... which is not on
the cdrom!!

I went to the Debian site ... and turned up Chapter 5 ... Methods for
Installing Debian.  It seems I can download a set of drivers and
install them onto a floppy.  Is this what my install is calling for??

My hardware issue is a SCSI hard disk with an adaptec 1505AE host
adapter.  I have managed to get this combination working under drdos
... but linux is still proving a challenge.

I'm tempted to download a file from the 'Driver floppies archive' ...
identified as drivers.tgz.  Is this the file I need to mount on my
floppy??   Please assist if you can...

Richard