passwd update problems

Hjorleifur Sveinbjornsson hs at vedur.is
Wed Oct 29 01:36:31 EST 2003

Hello,
well I am no expert, but I think you must use nispasswd (see man
nispasswd) to change passwords in NIS+
(I would do it on the NIS+ server just in case)  you should also copy
the /etc/group file to your client from the server
I have 15 Red Hat 7.3 clients and Solaris Sparc 5.5 NIS+ server.  And
when I run niscat passwd.org_dir it works fine.