nisplus authentication problem

John Korah jkorah at vt.edu
Mon Jan 6 11:54:26 EST 2003

hi
I have an NISPLUS server running on a solaris8 sunfire .  I have configured
sun clients to use it . But I am not able to use it on linux clients  I use
the red hat 8.0 with glibc 2.2.93-5. I followed the instruction on the
HOWTO manual. I used the pam_unix2.so of kukuk.  i cannot login as any user
which is not in the local file. i have checked the nssswitch options. I
have no idea how to proceed. In the document it is said  said to keylogin
for a user. Since i use shadow passwords, it should do it for me, right?. I
did the keylogin -r. I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks
John Korah
CS Grad  student
Virginia Tech