nisplus authentication problem - sent 06Jan, revisited

Daniel Franke daniel.franke at imbs.uni-luebeck.de
Tue Feb 18 03:01:53 EST 2003

Thanks Jimmy,
this didn't the trick, but maybe i found the real source of my problem:

When stopping and restarting the portmapper, keyserv is stopped as well, but
not restarted again. If I restart the behaves like waiting on a timeout. I
enabled debugging and got output like:
--cut--
key_encrypt_pk_svc()
	uid=0
	remotename=unix at blade1.imbs.edu
	<...>
--cut--

here, in remotename, I'm missing my hostname ... I would expect s.th. like:
"unix.vmware at blade1.imbs.edu" ??

Might this be the right direction where to look further?

	Daniel

--
Dipl.-Math. (FH) Daniel Franke
Institut fuer Medizinische Biometrie und Statistik
daniel.franke at imbs.mu-luebeck.de