Fw: Re: Fw: RPC: Authentication error 7 - NFS acess failed to /home

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Fri Sep 20 10:57:02 EST 2002

Two points:

 1) NFS does not _require_ time synchronisation, but your file modification
	times will get messed up if you clients and server aren't synch'd.
	This is a problem, eg. for make etc.

 2) This is a NIS+ list - specifically dealing with NIS+ on Linux and is
	not an appropriate place to be asking questions about NFS on Solaris.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.