NIS and Samba

Gurnish Anand gurnish at murphybank.com
Wed Nov 6 06:09:16 EST 2002

Hello,
    I am having hard time making our two Linux Redhat 7.1 servers act as
a PDC and a BDC. The main problem is lack of documentation. All I need
to do is have one server(samba server) act as a PDC and YP server and
other one as a samba BDC and a YP slave server. Is there any
documentation available for this?? How is NIS + different from NIS??
Is there a better method to implement this? like LDAP or something??
The main purpose is to sync passwords between both the servers and
change them from our Win 98 workstations.

Please advice....

Thanks....

Gurnish