/usr/lib/nis/nisclient: killproc: command not found

Mauricio Brigato mauricio at bit.fmrp.usp.br
Tue May 14 22:58:04 EST 2002

Dear John,

Thank you very much for your attention!
Very clear your instructions and procedure.
But, before i try it, I think I've forgot to
say that:
- My Solaris server and replica are running
in compatibility mode;
- I've got another one NIS+ and NIS Solaris
server running not so fine on a single machine
until I cut off its services from network;
- I have all instructions and procedure from
the Linux NIS+ Support site, but I didn't
install glibc-crypt-2.1.3.tar.gz, ...., libc5.4.44,
..., nis-utils1.4.1. ... for a matter of time. I need
to put workstations running quicly ...
- I'm trying to make a linux client authenticate
to the server in a compatibility mode before. After
I'll do all procedures to make a Linux NIS+ client
authenticate to the NIS+ server without compatibility mode.

Do you think that will work fine on this first configuration ?

      Mauricio Brigato
      Suporte BIT - BioInformatic Team
      Fone: +55 16 3963-9603
      E-mail: mauricio at bit.fmrp.usp.br