Problem with passwd on nis master

Todd Broucksou tbroucks at cnidr.org
Wed May 1 00:48:55 EST 2002

Jim,
  I have searched around and have not found a Linux NIS only mailing list
to post too. I was hoping someone on the list may have run into this
problem before, and could point me in the right direction.
  My current thinking, is that the problem is focused around the Shadow
passwords. Somewhat tempted to reinstall NIS from source, to see if their
is a better compile.