pam_unix2.so on Red Hat 7.1

Dawe, Richard Richard.Dawe at riverstonenet.com
Fri Mar 15 20:29:47 EST 2002

Hello.

Jim Carroll wrote:
[snip]
> I was just wondering where to find pam_unix2.so since
> it doesn't appear to be in /lib/security.  From what
> I can gather, I need to have the minimal prerequisite
> version of glibc, and as near as I can tell, I do:
[snip]
> Could someone point me in the right direction...?

The latest version of pam_unix2 can be found here:

    ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/kukuk/pam/pam_unix2/

I don't think there are pam_unix2 packages for RH7.1,
so you'll have to download and install it yourself.

I think you have to modify /etc/pam.d/login with
a line for pam_unix2, as directed on:

    http://www.linux-nis.org/nisplus/SuSE-Linux.html

Good luck!

Regards,

Richard Dawe, Software Engineer, Riverstone Networks, UK
richard.dawe at riverstonenet.com, http://www.riverstonenet.com/
Tel: +44 (0) 118-9880027 (Internal: 12027)