pam_unix2.so on Red Hat 7.1

Carroll, Jim jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Mar 15 09:55:56 EST 2002

Environment:

- Solaris8 NIS+ server
- Linux Red Hat 7.1 (2.4.9-21)
- nis-utils 1.4.1
- running NTP (client and server are in sync)

I was just wondering where to find pam_unix2.so since it doesn't appear to
be in /lib/security.  From what I can gather, I need to have the minimal
prerequisite version of glibc, and as near as I can tell, I do:

# rpm -qa | grep glib
compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2
glibc-common-2.2.4-19.3
glib-1.2.10-ximian.5
glibc-2.2.4-19.3
glib10-1.0.6-10
glib-devel-1.2.10-5
glibc-devel-2.2.4-19.3

I've done a "cd /lib/security; strings * | grep set_secrpc" with no luck.

I'm guessing I'm missing a piece, but so far, I can ssh into the Linux host
and have my home directory successfully automounted.

Could someone point me in the right direction...?

Jim Carroll