how to setup a NIS+ server on a linux box

Wesley Eddy weddy at masaka.cs.ohiou.edu
Fri Feb 22 18:07:04 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 01:55:30PM +0700, Nguyen Truong Sinh wrote:
> I want to setup a NIS+ server on linux box (redhat 7.2), what software I need and how to do that

Well, unless you feel like writing the software, I don't think you're going
to find any.  No NIS+ server exists for Linux, you have to use a Solaris
box for that.  Linux works pretty good as an NIS+ client though. :)
But you could've probably got this information a lot quicker by just typing
"linux nis+ server" into google and hitting "I'm Feeling Lucky".

-Wes