a problem with setting new machine on th network..

J ji jabalio at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 05:03:04 EST 2002

hello
i looked at the file that you askedmme to look into . Although i didnt
understand which part i had to do in it ..because everything in th network
is set up and working.
when i am logged on to main nfs server as root and when i try to look in the
home directory, it would list all directories in th enetwork whose enttries
are in the nis+ table, except the one machine that i set up. The previous
sys admin guy told that i have to add the entry by doing nistbladm -a ....,
he also said thati could take a look atthe existing entries by doing
something like niscat ....
butthe name he said which i assume that wass the table name , when i did
niscat follwed by that name , it said not found.
Is there a way for me to know what tables are there on my system . I dont
even know if there should be more than 1.
Also even after I find out the table name , what exactly should i type
nisstbladm -a and then what the new machine is called dome.
ALso is procedure called setting up a client or what . because the
documentteaches how to set upa aserver, a client etc. but here everything is
set up just need to add this machine in the table
thanks in advance
regards
JJi