NIS+ slowdown when servers are not reachable

Dirk Wetter dirkw at rentec.com
Wed Sep 26 22:26:38 EST 2001

hi,

i have the same problem here: three servers, one being a NIS+ server
at another location on a slow and not 100% reliable link. if that
link has a problem, all the Linux machines having a problem, too.
in the network traffic it looks like basically before every (?) NIS+
call the status of the servers is checked, maybe that's what's affecting
the speed of NIS+ lookups.
 any plans on implementing nisprefadm?

	~dirkw

Dirk Wetter