PB NIS+ with Redhat 7.0 on Bi-processor Pentium III

linuxos linuxos at club-internet.fr
Fri Jul 27 04:36:05 EST 2001

    hello,

I ask you to excuse me for my english, it's very difficult for me.

I have a problem when i want to use NIS+ on a DELL WS 420 with 2
Processors Pentium III

The configuration is:       tested on Redhat 7.0 and Suse 7.0,   Nis+
1.4.

I sure the server is OK because i have tested it with a true Sun client
( Ultra 1).

Tests make:        1- Redhat 7.0 + DELL WS420       Bi-processor Pentium
III    1Ghz     Kernel 2.2.16-22smp

                                                    Befor a
keylogin:                        nisls        =>    OK

niscat     =>    OK

                                                    After
keylogin:                            nisls        =>    Error in RPC
subsystem

niscat    =>    Error in RPC subsystem

                                2- Redhat 7.0 + DELL WS420
Bi-processor Pentium III    1Ghz     Kernel 2.2.16-22    Second
Processor Disabled

                                                    Befor a
keylogin:                        nisls        =>    OK

niscat     =>    OK

                                                    After
keylogin:                            nisls        =>    Error in RPC
subsystem

niscat    =>    Error in RPC subsystem

                                3- Suse 7.0 + DELL WS420
Bi-processor Pentium III    1Ghz     Kernel 2.2.18smp

                                                    Befor a
keylogin:                        nisls        =>    OK

niscat     =>    OK

                                                    After
keylogin:                            nisls        =>    Error in RPC
subsystem

niscat    =>    Error in RPC subsystem

                                 4- Redhat 7.0 + DELL GX110
Mono-processor  Pentium III    800Mhz       Kernel 2.2.16-22

                ALL is ok

           4- I put the harddrive of the DELL WS420 with the Redhat 7.0 + Nis 1.4

                on the DELL GX110 and after remove the /etc/.rootkey and remake a keylogin -r,  ALL

                is OK...

            To finish, after all possibles tests, I think the problem is to create the encrypted Key

            on a Bi-processor Pentium III. Did the mp.so library is the problem ????

 Does anyone know, what's the real problem?

  Thanks for any help,

--
Olivier