[linux-cifs-client] Question on current stateofsec=krb5*integration in cifs.ko

morgan at tuxedo.darktech.org morgan at tuxedo.darktech.org
Fri Oct 23 13:17:28 MDT 2009

On Fri 23/10/09  1:15 PM , Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:

> Samba 3.2.5 server-side does both signing and encryption.
> cifs.ko afaik only does signing, no encryption yet (this was
> the "Hint" part of my last mail :-))

Of course, IMHO, this should be left administrator configurable.  In some environments, encryption may be too slow and the data not sensitive enough to need encryption. (I do administration on at least one that I can think of where performance is far more crucial than data security.)

Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/