[linux-cifs-client] how can i write test which check performance of SMB command

Thu Mar 5 18:40:25 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 07:26:25PM +0200, Limor Hevroni wrote:
> I want to activate a test which intend to measure the performance of
> each/a large set  of the SMB commands, sub commands from CIFS client.
>
> I am UNIX oriented and I have no clue how can this be done. I do not
> want to activate set of operations at once, but a repeated single
> operation, in order to measure its performance.
>
> I'll be more than happy to get a response on that.
>
> 10x, limor.

Easy. source4/torture has tons of examples of the pretty
complete s4 client lib. Feel free to add a performance test
for each of the SMBs, git format-patch patches welcome.

The s4 client lib is also completely async, so you can
just fill the pipe completely to measure throughput instead
of individual command latency.

Volker