[linux-cifs-client] Re: cifs: remove "sockopt" mount option

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 23:36:16 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Jeff Layton<jlayton at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:42:43 -0500
> For the record, I'm also disappointed that the commented out asn1
> function got merged today too. I'd have preferred to see that go in
> when it actually becomes useful (and usable).

I understand your point.  I thought the timing made sense because
1) Shirish had just added the missing ASN define for this (so the
timing of the change to add the code to support parsing a sequence
made sense)
2) I reviewed it and it looked fine
3) testing it it worked fine
4) I already reviewed it so didn't want to bloat his future patch
and make it larger with an ASN support function that
although needed for the kerberos session setup parsing, really
has nothing to do with kerberos otherwise.

Steve