[linux-cifs-client] Re: CIFS VFS Test results with various test suites

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 11:17:44 GMT 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:24:50 +0530
Suresh Jayaraman <sjayaraman at suse.de> wrote:

> Hi Steve and all,
>
> The CIFS VFS test results presented here seems quite out-of-date:
> http://linux-cifs.samba.org/cifs/cifs_testing.html
>
> These results would help us track regressions, know the expected
> behaviour etc. Would it be nice to perform these tests regularly and
> keep the page updated?
>
> I can pickup some of these tests and send the results periodically (say
> every month/bimonthly or release-wise). But, I may not have access to
> all the testing tools or time. Shall we share this effort with
> interested folks and try to keep this updated?  Thoughts? Takers?

The info in that page should probably be updated and then moved to the
samba wiki:

http://wiki.samba.org/

...that would make it easier to keep it up to date. Not sure that we
need much in the way of periodic results unless there are:

1) regressions (which we should make it a priority to fix)

2) tests that previously were expected to fail and now pass

3) tests that previously passed but now are expected to fail, but that
we don't consider regressions for some reason