[linux-cifs-client] Re: cifs patch: make cifs_rename handle -EACCES errors

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 01:01:04 GMT 2008

Looking at your cifs rename patch to add handling for servers with
bugs that return EACCES instead of EEXIST, I see multiple problems

- if after renaming the target to a temp name, setfiledisposition (of
the delete on close flag) fails we are going to "leak" files
- checkpatch throws three warnings (some existing long lines but we
might as well fix them ...)

- in the claise
             if (rc == -EACCES || rc == -EEXIST)
   if return code is EEXIST the return code gets converted from EEXIST
to EACCESS if open of the target fails (even if access is not the
problem)
- It doesn't handle checking for the hardlinked file case for Windows
(I have code for this, but it needs to be checked before the rename
presumably).

Thanks,

Steve